Back From Thanksgiving

The bus ride down to the beach was a bit of an adventure.  The bus was a little late coming into Portland and the driver cranked the heat on so high I thought my legs were going to melt off and going to over heat.  I did manage to get the driver to turn down the heat, but not before wondered if I might pass out.  (Get the smelling salts!  Sorry, melodramatic moment).  When we got on the bus in Tillamook someone got on who smelled like they hadnt showered in a week.  Ugh.

Other than that, Thanksgiving was so much fun.  It was definitely one of the best I’ve had so far.  Donna and Don’s place is so peaceful.  There is no traffic noise, little pollution (both industrial/car and light), the air is more ionized since it’s so close to the ocean, it’s nice.  CW (the boyfriend) had a good time.  I’m grateful because I was worried about him, that he would feel uncomfortable and wouldnt be able to relax.  The last 2 1/2 days was the most relaxed I’ve seen him in a while.  That is something to be grateful for.  I was also worried Donna and Don may not like him, but they are fond of him.  Cant ask for more when the boyfriend meets the family.

The food was amazing.  Donna made turkey with some kind of maple/cranberry glaze, home made rolls, horseradish salad, home made cranberry sauce, sauted asparagus, mashed potatoes, dressing, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie.  Someone brought a pecan pie, I made gravy and brought pear/apple crisp.  I wish I had pictures to show.  We both ate too much.  CW had to lie down, then got up a couple of hours later, and wanted more crisp.  Donna and Don got me to play Bowling on the Wii.  I will be the first person to admit, I dont like bowling as a sport period.  I dont like to play it and I dont like watching other people play.  Playing Bowling on the Wii was more fun than I thought it would be.  Sunday, the day we had to come back, was the nicest day (go figure).  But, we went a little way up the Nehalem River for an outing before riding the bus back to Portland.  Neither of us wanted to come back.  If I had my way we’d’ve stayed for a week and just chill out, lie low, sleep in, drink lots of coffee, walk the 4 miles to Manzanita, be lazy, etc.  Maybe soon.

I got to hear some good stories though.  J, one of Don’s friends, tried to walk to Mexico from Oregon in the late 60’s.  The boy hurt himself doing laundry south of San Francisco and was stopped until he could heal a little.  He got picked up by a couple of students who said he could stay at their house for a couple of weeks.  They dropped him off at their house and there was absolutely no furniture anywhere and he did not see them when he woke up or before he went to bed.  He never saw them again.

Knitting is coming along nicely.  My Mom’s scarf is almost done.  Yea!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s