Emms tagged me for a meme. I’m supposed to list 6 boring, quirky, details about myself and tag 6 other people for the same. Here goes:
1. I have no sense of direction. None. If the sun is up I can tell what direction is east and west, but north and south, not so much. Here is one shining example that I will never live down even if I live to be 100. When I was still married, my ex-husband and I were driving from where we lived in Waterloo, Iowa (in about the middle of the state, this is an important detail) to Clinton, in Eastern Iowa, to visit our families. I fell asleep and when I woke up I had no idea where we were. Nothing looked familiar. I looked at Jim and asked if we were in Wisconsin. He looked at me like I had just grown an extra head and asked if we had ever gone into Wisconsin on our way to Clinton and laughed at me for the next hour or so of the trip. For your amusement here is a map.
2. When I’m bored sometimes I make up silly songs about my cat. Her name is Claire. They tend to go something like this:
Claireabell the cat with your ears like a hat, you’re so sweet, but you’re not a tasty treat.
3. Speaking of my cat sometimes I imitate her when she meows. This usually happens just after I get out of the shower. We usually meow at each other for a couple of minutes before she gives me the “You are not a cat, just a trying human” flips her tail and walks away.
4. Foggy mornings are my favourite.
5. Monday morning I wasnt knitting on the bus on the way to work. The people I was riding the bus with were asking me what was wrong and why I wasnt knitting.
6. I’m a bit obsessed with these cupcake pies. I think they’re incredibly clever and like making them whenever I get the chance.